Belgians are famously proud of their chocolate, and for good reason: It’s generally high-quality and very finely ground with a high cocoa content, giving the final product a velvety texture and unbeatable flavor. We recommend making this cozy drink with a Belgian milk chocolate, but any variety you like will do.
– 40 cl milk
– 170 g dark chocolate
– 80 g milk chocolate
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or vanilla sugar)
– Whipped cream
– A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
– 1 tablespoon white sugar (optional)
– Pour half of the milk and the chocolate pieces in a small saucepan.
– Heat the chocolate over medium low heat until it is melted. Don’t forget to keep stirring.
– Add the rest of the milk, the vanilla, and a little whipped cream.
– If desired, add cinnamon or a little white sugar.
– Increase the heat and stir vigorously to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Be careful not to boil the milk.
– When all the ingredients are well mixed, pour your chocolate into a cup and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate flakes/shavings.
– Serve hot and enjoy!